Virtually test/analyse parts and assemblies
SolidWorks Simulation Professional extends the capabilities of SolidWorks Simulation, so you can expand your virtual testing environment to evaluate the longevity of your design. It also allows you to measure complex load scenarios.
Simulation Professional Capabilities
SolidWorks Simulation Professional comes with a range of features and capabilities to help you improve your design. Below is a list of some of its powerful features that you could benefit from – along with some useful information, if you require any more information feel free to contact us in the box below.
Study and optimise assemblies of all sizes
- Evaluate forces and stresses between contacting parts, including friction
- Use connectors or virtual fasteners to model bolts, pins, springs, and bearings
- Bond components with clearances or gaps, without modification
- Apply bearing loads, forces, pressures, and torques
- Use Trend Tracker and Design Insight plots to drive optimal changes as you work
- Create plane stress, plane strain, and axisymmetry linear static analysis
Simulate drop tests using your parts or assemblies
- Calculate acceleration loads, stresses, and displacements as the components hit the floor or each other
Analyse assembly motions for process and task workflow with event–based simulation
- Utilise the entirely new user interface to define motion studies based on model event
- Trigger actions through new motion sensors, time, or the completion of a previous task
- Gain greater control of model actuators with the new servo motors
Understand the effects of temperature changes on parts and assemblies
- Study conduction, convection, and radiation heat transfer
- Utilise isotropic, orthotropic, and temperature-dependent material properties
Simulate vibration or buckling in your designs
- Examine how vibrating or unstable modes can shorten equipment life and cause unexpected failures
- Assess the effects of stiffening under external load on frequency or buckling response
Study the effects of cyclic loading on product life
- Check a system’s expected life or accumulated damage after a specified number of cycles
- Import load history data from real physical tests to define loading events
Try it for yourself with a free trial
Lets take a look at our SolidWorks 2018 Top 10 enhancements. Jake Gosling, one of Cadtek's Elite SolidWorks Application Engineers, gives you a quick tour of the best productivity gains, new features and even a brand new SolidWorks add-in. Over 90% of...
Get more time to analyze results, try new options, and create a great design! It has never been simpler to increase product performance and quality and reduce the time and cost of physical prototyping. What is more - any engineer can use these tools directly in their...
FEA – Finite Element Analysis CFD – Computational Fluid Dynamics Rather than define these terms individually and risk further confusion it is better to simply associate them with the 2 virtual test types they are most commonly used to describe. FEA = Mechanical...