SOLIDWORKS Educational Edition
With SOLIDWORKS Research licenses Researchers can gain access to the latest Engineering Technology to help solve some of the most complex problems. You will have the ability to communicates ideas and designs with other users, research councils, published papers, technicians and engineers around the globe.
To check whether you are eligible for the SOLIDWORKS Research License please select the ‘License Eligibility’ tab below.
To determine which version will meet your requirement please click here…
With SOLIDWORKS Education Edition you will get access to the full CAD teaching tool, including design validation, electrical and circuit board design, CAM and data management. A powerful, easy to use and intuitive CAD/CAM package. You will also receive full support of your software, including online training, certification, curriculum content and tips and tricks. With experience supporting over 840 Educational Institutes to help make students of all ages more employable and ready for industry.
For a full list of our support services please refer to the ‘Support’ section of our website.
With SOLIDWORKS skills and certifications you will give yourself a clear advantage in Engineering and Industrial Design jobs, as well as many other industries. With help from MySolidSolutions and MySOLIDWORKS online training the easy-to-use SOLIDWORKS Educational Edition will let you sharpen your skills outside the classroom.
If you currently have access to SOLIDWORKS at School/College or University the chances are you will be able to gain access to this at home at no extra cost. Please enquire with your tutors as to whether this is available (you will need to request an SDK or an SEK identification number).
Once you have this code please fill out the Student Access Form
*If you receive an SEK number you will also need to request a serial number. If you receive an SDK number the serial number will be emailed to you.
If your Educational Institute cannot provide home user licenses please contact us on 01926 333777.
What does a SOLIDWORKS Educational license include?
SOLIDWORKS offers the best suite of tools for engineering design, documentation, simulation, and sustainable design in one easy-to-learn software package. As well as the software itself, as a SOLIDWORKS Educational customer you are entitled to a whole host of other benefits.
- SOLIDWORKS CAD Premium
- SOLIDWORKS Motion
- SOLIDWORKS Model Based Definition
- SOLIDWORKS Simulation Premium (Finite Element Analysis)
- SOLIDWORKS Flow Simulation (Computation Fluid Dynamics), with the Electronics Cooling & HVAC Modules
- SOLIDWORKS Plastics Premium
- SOLIDWORKS Electrical Professional (2D Schematics and 3D Modelling)
- SOLIDWORKS Visualize Professional (Rendering with AR & VR)
- SOLIDWORKS PDM Standard (Data Management
- SOLIDWORKS CAM Professional (Integrated CAD/CAM)
- SOLIDWORKS PCB (printed circuit board design tools)*
- SOLIDWORKS EDU PDM Professional* (supplied without Microsoft SQL Server)*
- SOLIDWORKS Composer- Education Edition** (technical documentation tools)
- Photoview 360
- SOLIDWORKS Animation
- eDrawings Professional.
Teacher Guide Companion files and Student Workbook Files are included, making it easy to print lessions or models, along with a syllabus, study sheets, hand-outs, homework assignments, study projects and exercises. To get access to this content please follow the links above for the extranet tool and create your accounts.
- Certified SOLIDWORKS Associate – Academic (CSWA – Academic)
- Certified Sustainable Design Associate (CSDA)
- Certified SOLIDWORKS Associate – Simulation (CSWSA-S)**
- Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional (CSWP)**
- Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional – Drawing Tools (CSWP-DRWT)**
- Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional Model Based Design (CSWP-MBD) **
- Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional – Simulation (CSWP-S) **
- Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional Advanced Sheet Metal (CSWPA-SM) **
- Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional Advanced Weldments (CSWPA-WD) **
- Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional Advanced Surfacing (CSWPA-SU) **
- Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional Advanced Mold Tools (CSWPA-MT) **
- Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional Advanced Drawing Tools (CSWPA-DT) **
**Candidate must have passed CSWA exam To become eligible and access the exam codes you will need to follow the steps on the SOLIDWORKS Certification Guide. For tips on administering the codes and running the exam please refer to Step 3 on the guide. We have an array of content to help get you ready for the exam so please get in contact. We can provide relevant content as well as past sample papers.
|Education Edition||Academic Research||Commercial|
Secondary school projects (K-12)
Undergraduate capstone projects
|Undergraduate research projects – unpaid, for degree|
Graduate student projects – non-funded, no deliverables
Curriculum development (for internal use only)
Undergraduate research projects – paid or generating IP
Graduate student projects – funded with deliverables
|University research labs (labs operated within a specific department of a university)|
|Joint/cooperative institutes (licenses must be owned and operated by a university)|
|Academic consortiums (for academic use only)|
|Academic non-profits (no commercial interactions)|
|Curriculum development – open source sharing|
|Research labs – private or government ownership|
|National Laboratories (FFRDCs)|
|Fab Labs / Hobby Centers|
|Tech transfer programs/Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTP)|
|Hardware/product development – for resale|
|Curriculum development – for resale|
Get a Quote
Overview Think back to when you were enjoying your last beer. As that first taste hit your lips, the engineering complexities required to create that moment of satisfaction were probably the farthest thing from your mind. However, today's growing brewing industry, and...
MySolidWorks Professional MySolidWorks Professional offers tremendous value to thousands of SolidWorks users worldwide. Included are huge amounts of added resources and support, access to the SolidWorks Knowledge Base and plenty of online help. Online SolidWorks...
We have completely overhauled our training curriculum and we now deliver more than 40 different training courses from 14 different locations. This document profiles all of the courses and details how our training passport works. Our courses are broken down into five...