Following recent updates to the 3D ContentCentral website you can now easily embed an interactive view of SolidWorks parts and assemblies to your website. This is an excellent way to show your customers your 3D CAD files and offer a more interesting web page. Below is an example of an embedded 3D model.
How to embed SolidWorks files to your website
1. Firstly you will need to create an account, or log in to an existing account, on the 3D ContentCentral website.
2. You can search through the model library for a part you wish to use. Alternatively you can upload your own files if you want to show something that isn’t yet in the library.
3. To upload files click on the upload button at the top of the page.
You will then be asked to select a file(s) and to fill out some information about the part before uploading.
4. Once the part or assembly has been uploaded you will be able to see it in your portfolio (You may have to wait a few minutes for it to appear).
If you view the part in your portfolio you will see a box labelled ‘Embed this 3D Model in your Blog’ with the inline frame embed code below. This code will also be listed under models that are already uploaded to 3D ContentCentral by other users.
5. Copy this code and paste it into your website. For example here is the code used for the embedded model above:
<iframe id=”PreviewFrame3D” src=”http://www.3dcontentcentral.com/external-site-embed.aspx?format=3D&catalogid=171&modelid=700045&width=250&height=250&edraw=true” name=”PreviewFrame3D” width=”900″ height=”300″ frameborder=”0″ scrolling=”no” allowfullscreen=”allowfullscreen”></iframe>
The size of the viewer can be controlled by the width and height figures in the code.
6. When you preview the webpage you will now see the interactive eDrawings window displaying your files.
As it uses the eDrawings Viewer, features like section and exploded views are included as well as support for configurations.
For more SolidWorks Hints and Tips articles visit the Cadtek Blog.
Request a Trial
It is possible to get trial versions of our software. To organise this please provide contact details using the form below.
Note: Trial versions are not available to students.
Get a Quick Quote
Please provide a few contact details and a member of the team will contact you back with 30 minutes (during normal office hours) with a no-obligation quote for SolidWorks
Have a Question?
If you have a question about any of our products or services, including training and support simply provide a few details below and we will get back to you shortly.