From Actuators to Sprockets, Swivel Pads to Pillow Blocks; 3D Content Central is a free service for locating, configuring, downloading, and requesting 2D and 3D parts and assemblies, 2D blocks, library features, and macros.
Designers and engineers can use this online CAD library to add pre-engineered 2D and 3D content from manufacturers to their designs with SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD. Therefore accelerating the design process, saving time and development costs, and increasing productivity.
How does 3D Content Central work?
Save design time that you would otherwise spend designing 2D or 3D CAD models of supplier components from 2D catalogues (PDF or DWG files). To find what you need, you can use 3D Content Central to;
- Search for supplier components using part numbers, product names, descriptions, product parameters, and other application-specific criteria, or by simply browsing through the online CAD libraries. When you locate a component you want, request a quote from the supplier by simply submitting an RFQ (Request for Quotation) directly from the component page.
- Configure components based on specific requirements, such as dimensions, features, colours, and accessories.
- View free 2D and 3D parts & assemblies of both user-contributed and supplier components, 2D blocks, Library Features and Macros. You can zoom, pan, and rotate the parts & assemblies.
- Download free 2D blocks, library features and macros for SOLIDWORKS. Download free 2D and 3D parts & assemblies in just seconds, in either native formats for several major mechanical CAD systems, including SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD software, CATIA®, DraftSight™, Pro/ENGINEER®, eDrawings®, and AutoCAD®, or industry standard CAD formats for Autodesk Inventor™ Series, Solid Edge™, Unigraphics®, and other CAD systems.
- Tag your favourite parts & assemblies, 2D blocks, library features, and macros with the keywords you use and then whenever you want them next simply search with your keywords.
- Request specific parts & assemblies, 2D blocks, library features, and macros of the user community.
- Personalise your own work space and easily access your favourites, requests, gallery, comments, profile, downloads, and views.
Download a model straight from the manufacturer themselves!
Quickly identify the desired component and download the actual SOLIDWORKS model created by the manufacturer. This not only saves a significant amount of time but also ensures that the supplier-certified CAD models match the actual components.
Whether you need to incorporate bearings, specialised tooling, pneumatics, or power transmission systems into your designs, you can find the right components from the world’s leading suppliers using 3D Content Central.
3D ContentCentral – Supplier Services
Embed a 3D model into your website
Publish quickly and easily your newly created a part, model or full assembly to your webpage without even having to 3D print a prototype using 3D Content Central. To follow how this is done go to our recent blog article, how to embed a 3D model into your website.
Who can use 3D Content Central?
Anyone! Setting up your account is easy and soon you can be joining an active community of 1,472,932 CAD users who share and download user contributed and supplier-certified 2D and 3D parts & assemblies, 2D blocks, library features and macros.