SolidWorks Simulation Standard gives product engineers an intuitive virtual testing environment for static linear, time-based motion, and high-cycle fatigue simulation, so they can answer common engineering challenges with this SolidWorks 3D CAD embedded solution. The Trend Tracker capability and Design Insight plot enable designers to highlight optimal design changes while they work. Built on a concurrent engineering approach, SolidWorks Simulation Standard helps engineers know if their product will perform properly and how long it will last.
Simulation Standard Capabilities
SolidWorks Simulation Standard comes with a range of features and capabilities to help you improve your design. Below is a list of some of its powerful features that you could benefit from – along with some useful information, if you require any more information feel free to contact us in the box below.
Verify your design with powerful linear static analysis
- Test products made of weldments, sheet metal, and volume geometry with mixed mesh
- Evaluate strain and stresses between contacting parts, including friction
- Apply bearing loads, forces, pressures, and torques
- Optimize designs based on structural, motion or geometric criteria
- Use connectors or virtual fasteners to model bolts, pins, springs, and bearings, and dimension them under applied loads
- Activate the Trend Tracker and Design Insight plots to highlight optimal design changes
while you work
Evaluate your product performance throughout its operational cycle with motion analysis
- Define motion studies with time-based approach for rigid body kinematic and dynamic
- Leverage SolidWorks assembly mates along with part properties for the motion analysis
- Evaluate characteristics like actuator force and joint loads for motion optimisation
- Gain greater control of model actuators with servomotors
Study the effects of cyclic loading on product life
- Check a system’s expected life or accumulated damage after a specified number of cycles
- Import load history data from real physical tests to define loading events
Interpret analysis results with powerful and intuitive visualization tools
Once you have completed your analysis, SolidWorks Simulation offers a variety of results visualization tools that allow you to gain valuable insight into the performance of your models.
- Study the distribution of result quantities with 3D contour plots (including stress, strain, deformed shape, displacement, energy, error, strain energy, density, and reaction force).
- Measure results at any location using predefined sensors or the probe tool.
- Graph stress variation along a path.
- Use section plots to display results along the depth of the model. The sections can be moved dynamically.
- List results and automatically export data to Microsoft® Excel and Word.
- Import physical test results at a specified location and compare them to analysis results, or export analysis data at critical locations for physical testing.
- Determine the factor of safety using the Design Check Wizard.
Collaborate and share analysis results
SolidWorks Simulation makes it easy to collaborate and share analysis results effectively with everyone involved in the product development process.
- Generate reports in HTML and Microsoft Word format with a single mouse click.
- Customize reports to include logos, images, and additional details.
- Save result plots in several standard formats, such as VRML, XGL, BMP, and JPEG.
- Export animations of results as an AVI.
- Capture analysis results with SolidWorks MotionManager.
- Publish SolidWorks eDrawings files with analysis information.
Free demonstration events
Click on a venue to book your place.
If you would like more information regarding Simulation Standard, to talk to an engineer, request a trial or to arrange a demonstration please provide your details below.
Get a Quick Quote
Request a Trial
Have a Question?
When Masuri Helmet’s approached Visitech’s Alan Meeks to redesign the cricket helmet it was a project that called upon all the skills he had developed over 40 years as a designer. Cadtek Systems recently met up with Alan to find what brought him from being an...
Optimise your design using SolidWorks Simulation tools Learn how from the SolidWorks team! Are you familiar with the Simulation tools? Do you want to learn how to optimise your designs saving time and development costs? In this webinar we will introduce you to...
Meshing in SolidWorks Flow Simulation is essential to achieving accurate results in the shortest amount of time. Whilst the meshing process in Flow Simulation is easy to us and much of it automated, it’s important to understand how it works in order to get sufficient...