SolidWorks Plastics brings easy-to-use injection moulding simulation directly to the designers of plastic parts and injection moulds.
SolidWorks Plastics makes it easy for companies that design plastic parts or injection molds to predict and avoid manufacturing defects during the earliest stages of design, eliminating costly rework, improving quality, and accelerating time-to-market. Fully integrated with SolidWorks CAD, this intuitive software helps part designers, mold designers, and CAE analysts optimise designs for manufacturability without leaving their familiar 3D design environment.
“With 40 years in plastics development, I’m excited by SolidWorks Plastics. Users will be able to optimise part and mold designs in the earliest stages of development.” — Ed Honda, President, hondaDesign, LLC
SolidWorks Plastics Standard
The most cost-effective time to optimize plastic parts for manufacturability is during the initial stages of product design. Skipping this step often leads to an inefficient mold design with an extremely narrow “good parts” processing window, resulting in high reject rates and time-to-market delays.
• CAD-integrated: fully embedded in the SolidWorks 3D design environment so you can analyze and modify designs for manufacturability while you optimize for form, fit, and function
• Easy to learn and use: takes only minutes to learn and does not require extensive analysis or plastics expertise
• Facilitates design team communication: web-based HTML reports make it fast and easy to communicate simulation results and design advice to all members of the design-to manufacturing team
SolidWorks Plastics Professional
SolidWorks Plastics Professional gives designers or builders of injection molds an accurate, easy-to-use way to optimise them. Quickly create and analyse single, multicavity, and family mold layouts.
• Avoid costly mold rework: ensure molds will work right the first time to avoid time-consuming, costly, and unnecessary rework
• Optimize feed system design: analyse sprues, runners, and gates to balance runner systems; optimise gate type, size, and location; and determine the best runner layout, size, and cross-sectional shape
• Estimate cycle time, clamp tonnage, and shot size: quote tooling projects quickly and accurately; size the injection molding machine for a given mold; optimise cycle time, and reduce plastics material scrap
SolidWorks Plastics Premium
SolidWorks Plastics Premium includes everything in SolidWorks Plastics Professional plus advanced simulation functionality that allows users to analyse mold cooling line layouts and predict molded part warpage.
• Cooling line analysis: Design and analyse simple or complex mold cooling line layouts
• Reduce time and cost: Optimise cooling system design to minimise cycle times and decrease manufacturing costs
• Improve overall process: Optimise part and mold design, material selection, and processing parameters to reduce or eliminate molded part warpage
If you would like more information regarding SolidWorks Plastics, to talk to an engineer, request a trial or to arrange a demonstration please provide your details below.
Get a Quick Quote
Please provide a few contact details and a member of the team will contact you back with 30 minutes (during normal office hours) with a no-obligation quote for SolidWorks
Request a Trial
It is possible to get trial versions of our software. To organise this please provide contact details using the form below. Note: Trial versions are not available to students.
Have a Question?
If you have a question about any of our products or services, including training and support simply provide a few details below and we will get back to you shortly.
Solve Part and Mold Manufacturing Challenges - find out how from the SolidWorks team SolidWorks Plastics brings easy-to-use injection molding simulation directly to the designers of plastic parts and injection molds, as well as advanced CAE analysis. It simulates how...
In this weeks webinar Rob will be taking you through the features and options new to Plastics in SolidWorks 2017. This webinar is aimed at people who use the current Plastics Add on or anyone who is interested in using Plastics or just want to know a little more about...
We have completely overhauled our training curriculum and we now deliver more than 40 different training courses from 14 different locations. This document profiles all of the courses and details how our training passport works. Our courses are broken down into five...