Manufacturing and engineering design with SOLIDWORKS
SOLIDWORKS and our manufacturing partners provide several key capabilities to help meet your manufacturing challenges including:
- Design for Cost and cost estimation – automatic estimates of part manufacturing costs using built-in cost templates
- Design for Manufacturability – SOLIDWORKS DFMXpress to check manufacturability; Compare Documents to graphically see differences between different versions of parts and drawings parts and drawings; Draft, Undercut, and Wall Thickness checks; advanced injection moulding checks; automatic sheet metal Flat Patterns.
- Eliminate interferences and misalignments – Automatic interference detection; hole alignment checks; tolerance stack-up analysis using SOLIDWORKS TolAnalyst™
- Better data output to manufacturing – 3D output for CAM and rapid prototyping; DXF™ and DWG™; hole charts, weld tables, cut lists, punch tables; CNC pipe bending data
- 3D CAM integration with Certified Gold Partner CAM Products – Eliminate the need to import/export between design and CAM; automatically update NC tool paths whenever the design changes.”
TiSport Case Study
A custom-made high-end wheelchair that is easier to propel and less stressful on the body can help many handicapped people remain independent longer and continue to lead healthy, productive lives. TiSport, LLC, set out to create a superior class of titanium wheelchairs. To achieve this goal, the company needed to implement and sustain a high degree of design and manufacturing automation…
Video Case Study:
Cryogenic Equipment Services
Cryogenic Equipment Services (CES), Inc., is a leading manufacturer of industrial freezing and production chilling equipment, which is used for food processing, pharmaceutical, and metal treatment applications. Until 2007, CES used AutoCAD® 2D design tools to develop its equipment. However, as demand for custom-designed systems, shorter lead times, and greater accuracy grew, so did the company’s need for a 3D development platform. The manufacturer needed more effective large-assembly design and production, and sheet-metal design and fabrication solutions.